- Full Time
We are Canvas8, a global behavioral insights practice operating out of London, NY, LA & Sydney. We help our clients understand people so they can make better business decisions. Primarily focused on media, communications and product development, our award- winning insights inspire clients like Google, Nike, Ogilvy, Channel 4. Supported by our network of experts, from TED speakers to MIT fellows, and underpinned by innovative research methods, we work at the intersection of behavioral science, culture, business and creativity.
Our flagship product is a subscription service incorporating the Canvas8 Library, a database of over 22,000 trend reports and case studies spanning 14 industries and nine markets – complemented by our innovative global consultancy offer. As our business presences expands further into America and Asia we are building on our significant international client relationships and looking for an exceptional Account Manager to help us and our clients grow.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Client Services Director, you’ll be looking after an incredible portfolio of global clients from advertising, PR and media. Your primary role will be to nurture and grow our existing client base while ensuring they’re getting maximum benefit from their membership. Whether it’s onboarding new clients or re-engaging existing ones, you’ll be instrumental in streamlining the service we offer and making sure your portfolio of clients are fully engaged by delivering key insights to answer their most pressing questions.
As you build long-term partnerships with our clients, you’ll strive to ensure Canvas8 is their go-to partner for consumer insights. You’ll act as their strategic advisor; helping curate behavioral insights from our Library and delivering them in new and engaging ways from trend briefings to webinar workshops.
Alongside this, you will be responsible for servicing your client accounts, renewing memberships and identifying opportunities to engage them with our bespoke consultancy services. It’s a super varied role, balancing commercial and creative goals. Whether onboarding a new client, devising the best methodology for a client pitch or negotiating the expansion of an existing contract, no one day is the same.
- Nurturing and growing a portfolio of key existing accounts in America
- Identifying and developing upsell (account growth) and cross-sell (bespoke research and consultancy) opportunities within your portfolio
- Managing client relationships and providing on-demand support for strategic briefs and pitches
- Increasing client engagement through proactive communications, delivering engaging presentations, onboarding or training sessions and managing client events
- Increase/maintain high Library engagement (usage and users) across your client base and monitor potential areas of improvement
Commercially minded, you’ll have an aptitude for working to targets and devising creative ways to exceed them. You will have around 3-5 years of Account Management experience ideally with a subscription based product and a solid track record of client success. As a strategic thinker, you’ll be able to get to the heart of client brief and comfortably translate big ideas into understandable, actionable insights.
As a people person, you will have strong communication skills and enjoy building lasting relationship with your clients. Communication is central to our work, and being a good listener with the ability to read between the lines is integral. You’ll be confident, articulate and not shy away from giving a great presentation!
You’ll have a naturally curious mind, always looking to understand what makes people tick – from why Gen Y are eating so many avocados to how an ageing brand can reconnect with its younger audience. You’ll love what you do and be excited to use this knowledge to curate the right insights to support our clients’ strategic thinking.
Finally, you’ll have a great eye for detail and believe that success only comes with great organisation and by perfecting processes.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 3-5 years experience in an account management or client services role.
- Strong business and commercial acumen, comfortable with negotiating contracts
- Capable of communicating, building and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse set of clients, including senior level executives
- A keen interest in human behavior, trends and insights
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with a flair for writing
- Excellent organization, project and time management as well as CRM mastery
- An understanding of the creative or media and communications industry
- Entrepreneurial spirit, thinking on your feet and keen to improve the way things are done
Location: New York
Start date: Immediate
Salary: Depending on experience
Benefits: Generous Health and Dental Benefits and 401(k)
If you’ve got the passion and determination to work with some of the industry’s most innovative and creative thinkers, then we want to hear from you! Please email Jessica via the link provided with your CV and a brief note to tell us why you’re a good fit and what you would add to the Canvas8 team. www.canvas8.com