- Full Time
The Sales Associate is assigned to a team of (7) account executives and report to the local sales manager. This position is for someone aspiring to become an Account Executive with CMG Charlotte. The main goal of this position is to free up the Account Executives to do more face to face selling and provide CMG Charlotte a talent bank for the Account Executive position. This position allows for the JR AE to develop business on their own and can be paid commissions. Primary role for this position is to first support the sales team and managers.
- 20% Prospecting new business opportunities (If makegood load is light this % could increase)
- Identify potential clients based on DAPVALY
- Find out decision maker and company landscape
- 30% Order Entry & Pulling Posts/Spot Times
- Enter client orders into wide orbit
- 25% Makegood Package Building / Approval / Entry into Wide Orbit
- Work on putting together makegood packages for AE’s
- Contact buyers or buyers assistants to get approval for packages
- Enter makegood packages in wide orbit
- 25% Administrative Support
- Various duties including ordering supplies, ordering business cards, and general office support
- Strong work ethic
- Team player attitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Resourceful Individual is Ideal in this role
- Strong attention to detail and a proven ability to multitask in a dead-line driven environment
- Excellent customer service, phone skills and verbal and written communication skills
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-NC-Charlotte-1901 N Tryon St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: 2018-10-21