- Full Time
Reporting to the Chief Photographer, the Photographer will work with reporters to gather content for station newscasts and ensure good story telling through video, live shots and quick editing. Successful candidates will excel at storytelling through outstanding visuals and audio. Photographers shoot and edit impactful, compelling, stories within the Fox25 brand for all platforms. Photographers also take ownership in the technical aspects of their work, from the operation of cameras and editing systems to running live and satellite trucks.
• Shoot and edit compelling, impactful stories that are clear and easy to understand
• Have complete knowledge of cameras to get the best and most creative possible video for our stories
• Have complete knowledge of our editing programs and computers to edit stories in the best and most creative manner
• Understand how to use Aspera, so stories or elements can be fed from any wi-fi hotspot as opposed to being dependent on live trucks
• Have complete knowledge of how to operate every live/sat truck and learn the best ways to troubleshoot any truck or equipment issues – take ownership in the technical aspects of the job
• Coordinate with Reporters to make sure all deadlines are met, including work making slot and being in place for scheduled live hits
• Manage time efficiently so multiple stories can be shot/edited. Be willing and prepared to shoot/edit multiple stories each day
• Explore all possibilities with reporters for active liveshots and standups
• Regularly execute “process photography”
• Ensure video, sound and a standup is fed back early for promotions
• Have a “digital first” mentality that will get video, sound and information to our digital platforms asap
• Look for “web only” opportunities with compelling raw interviews, video or extras
• Maintain take home vehicles, keeping them in excellent condition
• Check vehicles at the beginning and of each shift - keep vehicles in excellent condition
• A minimum of 3 years professional experience as a Photographer is required
• Experience as a photojournalist in local news required
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in Photography or related field preferred
• Ability to multi task and work under pressure
• Able to handle breaking news with ease
• Ability to meet assigned deadlines
• IT Knowledge: Adobe Photoshop, AVID Media Manager, etc
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-MA-Dedham-25 Fox Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing