- Full Time
This position is responsible for performing various duties to support newsroom production of live and recorded television.Responsibilities
- Responsible for working closely with Directors, Engineering and on-air talent floor directing during live and breaking news programming.
- Jib camera and Steadicam operation.
- Communicate urgent issues effectively while maintaining a sense of control during daily newscasts and in breaking news situations.
- Teleprompter operation.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Work with Senior Director to maintain studio lighting. This includes climbing a ladder, changing fixtures, and changing light bulbs.
- College degree or equivalent
- Prefer applicants with studio production crew experience in a news environment
- Demonstrated aptitude for operating broadcasting equipment, ability to effectively work under pressure in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, work non-traditional shifts including nights, weekends and holidays required
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to climb and work at heights on ladders occasionally
- Must be able to lift and carry over 25 pounds
- Must have a proven record of dependability and punctuality
Must be willing to submit to background screeningCompany InfoTribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.