Promotions Intern - Spring 2019
- Full Time
Learn about the promotions process of WGN-TV. Get experience in promotions, special events marketing and public relations. Candidate must be organized and possess good interpersonal and typing skills. Proficiency in Word and Excel required; must have working knowledge of WordPress.Responsibilities
Promotions/Marketing Internship Responsibilities:
To assist the Director of Sponsorship Solutions in the following areas:
* Promotions and Special Events Marketing
- Help implement station promotions and special events from inception to conclusion (generate rules, fulfillment of winners, update contest calendar)
- Draft copy for news explaining and/or promoting events
- Work on ‘texting’ promotions and alerts
- Some ‘idea generation’ re: generating revenue tied to on-air promotions; writing up sales pitches
* Community Events
- Assist in organizing events such as Back to School Kids Fair (Aug), Food Drive (Nov), and Drive Thru Toy Drive (Dec)
- Help implement community events and monetize for WGN-TV
- Be present at events and help wherever and however necessary
* Public Relations -- Internal and External Communications (EXAMPLES)
- Press relations: draft releases for ratings releases, programming, sports, news specials, new hires, etc.
- Maintain correspondence with viewers (ie: Skilling art for charities, etc.)
- Maintain PR files (ie: updating bios, company history, etc.)
- Field phone calls
- Be present at events and help wherever and however necessary (including street team events and WGN-TV’s new “Man of the People” show starring Pat Tomasulo from WGN Morning News.)
* Social Media Outreach
- Update text alerts, new and sales related initiatives
- Clip video from segments to for clients & station purposes
You may also have the opportunity to…
- Engage our audience and encourage user-generated content, photos, videos and more. Update, promote and publicize our WGN content across various social networks.
- Help increase our profile on external social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and more.
* Skills evaluated
- Quick learner, requires minimal supervision, works well under pressure, demonstrates initiative, organized and highly detail oriented, reliable, punctual, strong administrative skills (must know Word/Excel).
* Additional Information
Four Internship Sessions (limited to 1 session per calendar year)
- Fall (8-12 Weeks - Deadline to Apply – July 15)
- Winter (8-10 Weeks - Deadline to Apply – October 15)
- Spring (8-12 Weeks - Deadline to Apply – January 15)
- Summer (8-12 Weeks - Deadline to Apply – April 15)
- Must be 18 or older and eligible to work in the US.
- Registered students in good standing at an accredited college or university preferred.
- Must be able to work the hours required by department.
- Students can receive university or college credit for participating in this program but need to handle paperwork involved
Internships pay state minimum wage.
Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested send cover letter/resume to:
Director, Sponsorship Solutions
WGN-TV/CLTV | 773.883.3412 | email@example.com
*Interns are considered trainees and not employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1973.Company InfoTribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 50 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 77 million households, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 54 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV, and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel.