- Full Time
Administration – St. Louis, MO
Reports to: SVP Group Operations
The General Manager of two (2) St. Louis stations – KTVI (FOX affiliate) and KPLR (CW affiliate). Responsible for the strategic and operational leadership of the station. Will ensure financial and audience goals are met and establish long-range goals and strategies that will result in growth and long-term viability of the Company. Responsible for activities of all major station departments including News and content for all platforms, Sales, Digital Sales and Operations, Engineering, Programming, Production, Finance and Creative Services.Responsibilities
- Drive results by developing and execute the station’s strategic and operating plans, achieve EBITDA goals consistent with Tribune Broadcasting financial and operating guidelines.
- Executive branding strategies across all platforms to ensure audience, ratings and revenue growth.
- Provide for recruitment, management and development of a leadership team and staff, organized to optimize individual and team capabilities, within an environment that demonstrates strong leadership and opportunities for advancement.
- Employ purposeful change management strategies to ensure innovation in structure and consent of all departments.
- Provide a system of controls to ensure that FCC regulations are followed, financial management, operating budgets, capital spending plans and other financial systems are within company guidelines and objectives.
- Develop, identify and execute new business, revenue and community opportunities to provide for the growth and development of the Company. Cultivate relationships with major advertisers and community leaders to represent the station in the local market.
- Make regular reports to the President/Broadcast Media, COO/Broadcast Media, SVP Group Operations and to Tribune Broadcasting executives on matters requiring their action.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, broadcast/entertainment/communications or a related field and have equivalent related experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the television industry and the role and jurisdiction of the Federal Communication Commission.
- Ability to strategically plan and lead all the operations of the Station, including content produced for all platforms: cable, multicast, interactive, mobile, and other digital businesses. Must accurately forecast revenue, understand audiences across all platforms, and be engaged in forecasting future trends.
- Management skills necessary to manager a diverse organization of over 180 full-time/part-time employees. Leadership ability to represent the Company in public for diverse audiences.
- Typically requires 15 or more years of experience in progressively responsible television management positions, preferably in a major market.
- Must be willing to work in St. Louis, MO.
- Authority and responsibility for attaining maximum share of market revenues and managing an operating expense budget to generate an appropriate return.
- Authority and responsibility for operations and content of channels on broadcast, cable, and digital available across the U.S.
- Staff size 180+.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, broadcast/entertainment/communications or a related field.