Senior Content Writer
- Full Time
Do you excel at investigating information, formulating ideas and solutions and presenting them in a compelling way? Are you skilled at writing compelling, fact-based stories and short reports that are accessible to broad audiences -- under daily deadline pressure?
We are looking for a talented, multi-faceted team player – an energetic writer who enjoys researching, analyzing information, problem-solving and is skilled at communicating his/her ideas both in writing and orally. The candidate must be a critical-thinker, creative to the core, and possess strong presentation and time-management skills.
A bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of journalism/deadline-driven writing experience is required. Our ideal candidate will have a background in payments and/or financial technology.
- Work closely with the Managing Editor in sourcing, researching, and writing thought-provoking pieces on the payments and commerce industry
- Conduct interviews with executives, cover breaking news, and develop in-depth content that is read daily by tens of thousands of viewers on PYMNTS.com
- Liaise with analysts, copyeditors, designers and client services to help contribute to the daily production of editorial content
- Contribute to the understanding of industry trends and monitor the market for new and evolving issues
- Manage deliverables to a timely, consistent schedule
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and deadlines simultaneously
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Basic SEO knowledge
- Attention to detail
- WordPress, Word, Pages and PowerPoint
PYMNTS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that rewards results handsomely. This package includes a competitive base pay and bonus potential, paid health/dental plan, matching 401(k) and a generous vacation package.
PYMNTS is conveniently located in the Financial District of downtown Boston. This position can be remote if candidates are not in the Greater Boston area.