- Full Time
WLKY, the Hearst Television station in Louisville,KY, is looking for a sports reporter/photographer. The successful candidate should have a reel that demonstrates engaging live shots, comfortable, professional camera presence, and strong storytelling. You must be an experienced photographer, and able to tell stories that appeal to viewers who aren't avid sports fans. WLKY covers everything from college sports (UofL, UK, IU etc) and horse racing, to all high school sports.
You must be a detail-oriented, hard-worker who can handle deadlines. You must have a positive, fun attitude that contributes to the overall newsroom culture in a positive way. Strong interpersonal communication skills are a must.
- Delivers scripted and ad lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose
- Works well with managers, producers and sports team
- Can assess importance of local sports to all viewers
- Gather and edit compelling video and captivating sound
- Experienced with appropriate social media
- Will contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day
- Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Appears on behalf of the station at public events
- Past reporting experience (2-5 years) required
- Past photography experience (2-5 years) required
- Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work
- Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology
- Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
- Has a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including nights and weekends
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
- Military training and experience will be considered