The Studio Utility
is a full-time, project-based position that is expected to last for approximately 18 months. Job Duties:
Work with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped and automated programming, under supervision of Director & Operations ManagementSet up (pre-set, dress) all studio propos and set elements dailyPro-actively and as directed, maintain the integrity of all studios and all associated props and sets, notifying Operations management should either be in need of repair, replacement or maintenanceStage sets as needed for all programmingMaintain and inventory studio propsAssist on-screen hosts and guests to facilitate production (as needed)Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience required
- One (1) year of experience in TV studio production preferred.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs. and set / strike studio gear
- Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume / CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
- IMust be willing to submit to a background investigation
- IMust have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- IMust be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- IMust be 18 years or older
- IMust be willing to work in New York, NY
- IAbility to travel as required
- IIt is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Aptitude and desire to be trained at the next technical level (Stg/A2)
- With proper training, serve as fill-in for all other Tech 1 positions as needed (i.e. Robotic Camera, Teleprompter, Video, Playback)
- Familiarity with NY sports a plus
- Proficiency in iNEWS or similar newsroom software system a plus
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required
- Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast paced, dynamic studio environment.
- Available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.