Senior Account Executive
- Full Time
Colangelo & Partners New York is looking for a talented and proactive Senior Account Executive with experience in wine & spirits or lifestyle public relations.
SAE's are an integral part of the leadership team at Colangelo & Partners. You will participate in all aspects of the integrated public relations campaigns, from media and client relations, to event management and new business proposals. You will also be expected to mentor junior staff and demonstrate best practices of media relations, events, social media, etc. SAE's will work directly with clients, many of whom are based abroad and in California wine country. There are multiple opportunities for travel, both to our SF office and abroad for press trips and client meetings.
An SAE at Colangelo & Partners is a proactive, top-notch problem solver and can think quickly on his/her feet. They pay attention to detail in every aspect of the job, from reviewing media lists and press releases to editing social media copy and new business proposals. They are a strong writer, who values and embodies the PR fundamentals of establishing genuine relationships with media, crafting the most intriguing and relevant stories and ultimately keeping our clients in the news on a consistent basis.
The ideal candidate is someone who wants to be part of an expanding team, and is looking to learn, grow and establish leadership in an entrepreneurial agency. We are looking for a self-starter who isn’t afraid to manage projects and teams, is media-savvy, understands the fundamentals of social media, can juggle multiple tasks at once and has a proven background working with consumer brands (preferably wine/spirits) and/or restaurants/hospitality and lifestyle brands.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4-5 years of wine/spirits hospitality and/or travel PR experience, preferably with agency vs. in-house with a proven track record of results
- A PR Junkie with a thorough understanding of public relations fundamentals including media list development, media planning, media-training for spokespersons, pitching across print/media/broadcast outlets
- Adept in Cision and Microsoft office tools (Excel, PPT, Word)
- Strong relationships with business and lifestyle contacts are a must and knowledge of the culinary, wine, and spirits industry is a plus
- Understands how to get the big stories that make our clients and our agency proud and are meaningful and impactful to our clients' businesses
- Understands the fundamentals of social media and influencer relations
- Can work strategically across multiple accounts at once – and handle and field requests from clients, media and managers alike
- A knack for managing others and encouraging and fostering talent – show us your leadership skills
- Attention to detail – from your calendar to your to-do lists, you must have a proven system for organization for your own work as well as the work and responsibilities of your team
- Values creating detailed, strategic media plans and pitches that are creative and tie-in to current trends
- Can effectively manage client meetings from start to finish, initiating every call and meeting with clear objectives and following-up with action items
- Ability to think creatively, contribute to team brainstorms and develop innovative communications campaigns for clients
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment that can change from minute to minute and includes off-site events and client meetings
- Showcases professionalism, respect and humility in every aspect of their job