Location: El Paso, Texas
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Conduct research to write and present stories that attract the viewer’s interestGenerate ideas and report breaking news either in studio or on locationResponsible for gathering news information and preparing for presentation in the newscastProvide input to the show producer on show content and formatWrite stories, headlines and news updates for television, online and digital platformsExpected to report from field, live shots, interviews, and package storiesPresent newscasts to the viewer in a professional manner; including presenting breaking news to viewers both during live newscasts as well as outside regularly scheduled newscastsWrite and copy edit assigned scripts in newscastsMake appearances before social and civic groups and at schools and colleges on behalf of the stationInvolved in Social Media platforms
The Anchor position is responsible for local on- air delivery of newscasts. News anchor must be able to write stories, report and produce local news stories on air and for live broadcast shows.
The Anchor primary purpose is to report daily and breaking news stories to keep the audience informed. They are involved and work closely with producers to ensure stories are accurately written and presented on the daily newscasts. Anchors are responsible for presenting local & national news and generating ideas to increase ratings. In addition:
• BA or BS in related field.
• Must possess a minimum of 5 years television anchor/reporter experience.
• Must have strong Spanish language skills (verbal & written).
• Candidate must have excellent Spanish writing skills as well as very strong verbal skills.
• Ability to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations.
• Strong live reporting skills are necessary.
• Ability to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
• The ideal candidate must be able to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Ability to participate in community, public events and/or Master of Ceremonies as requested by the station.
• Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must be willing to work extended hours, weekends and holidays with short notice.
• Must be willing to work at the KTDO El Paso, TX. station.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution. Program.
• BA or BS in Journalism, Communications or Political Science preferred.
• General Assignment reporting skills preferred.
• Possess the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to present scripts with clarity and energy.
• Proven record of meeting deadlines and developing contacts.
• Proven record of contributing story ideas.
• A history of newsroom leadership.
• A history of working well with news staff.•
• Good driving record, active driver's license.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
About Telemundo Station Group:
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 26 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.