Want to help tell the story of New York City to the world?
At NYC & Company, that’s both our mission and our privilege. As the official destination marketing organization for the five boroughs of New York City, we work to encourage visitation to NYC through our Webby Award–winning site, NYCgo.com, along with our social channels, programs like NYC Restaurant Week® and NYC Broadway WeekSM and tourism campaigns that span the globe. Our team reflects the passionate, diverse and dynamic city we represent—a group of enthusiasts who share a love of all things NYC.
NYC & Company is looking for a Senior Designer with a background in graphic design and a versatile set of skills. Digital-first, but with ink in the veins. The ideal candidate has a passion for all aspects of design, from concept to craft, ink and pixels, in 2 and 3 dimensions, with a passion for exploring possibilities across existing and emerging media and channels, and a deep love of New York City.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Editorial, Digital, Marketing, Tourism, Conventions,
Licensing, Membership and Research) to visualize and implement design briefs
- Design across a variety of media, including tradeshow installations, digital, interactive and social media, outdoor, print and film
- Brainstorm campaign concepts and strategies
- Generate compelling work around the NYCgo identity and the larger NYC & Company brand
- Manage deadlines of multiple large-scale projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to produce cutting-edge creative work and a master-level understanding of design
- Intimate knowledge of New York City and a passion for discovering the city
- Broad knowledge of culture and design, both current and historic
- A focus on how ideas execute across digital and social channels
- Strong skills across all design platforms
- Desire to work closely with and help manage a small internal team
- Track record for designing campaigns with multi-deliverables
- Ability to identify and solve problems both independently and collaboratively
- 7+ years of experience in graphic design or related field
- Strong work ethic and the ability to self-manage while adhering to company policy
- Salary dependent on experience
Send resume and portfolio links to the link provided.