Executive Producer WHBQ TV
- Full Time
Cox Media Group Northeast, consisting of WHBQ (FOX), has an immediate opportunity for a morning Executive Producer who will oversee the WHBQ’s strategy and execution of 5.5 hours of news on all platforms. This position will have oversight of a team of producers, reporters, photographers, and digital staff. The successful candidate will also ensure that there is collaborative and effective news coverage and marketing across all platforms. Previous success as an Executive Producer and experience improving performance from metrics is a must. The successful candidate must be creative, able to work with a research-based framework.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Manage newsroom and field crews
- Understand and execute research plans
- Copy edit with fundamental journalistic and legal understanding
- Develop producers for next role within CMG
- Set coverage expectations for morning team
- Understand brand and manage newscasts so product is consistent with brand
- Understand multi-platform strategy across digital and radio platforms
- Work well with internal and external partner on content-sharing opportunities
- At least 3 years’ experience as an Executive Producer- Managing Producer roles, is required.
- Must have strong people skills and ability to galvanize team toward common goal.
- Understand TV, digital, and radio platforms and how to leverage each.
- Strong copy-editing skills a must.
- Ability to create value-based content on all platforms.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TN-Memphis-485 S Highland St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing