Manager, Portfolio Sales Marketing/Graphic Design, Sports Group
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Sales Collateral and Materials: Design, develop and manage the portfolio of sales materials for the 2020 Olympics and the Olympic Channel: sales presentations (base and customized,) printed collateral for events, microsites, sales videos, one sheets, calendars, online media kit, email blasts, etc.Internal Communication/Facilitation: Work with Sales on inbound marketing requests and liaise with all appropriate internal groups (Network Partnerships, Programming, Production, Digital, Research, Pricing/Planning, Consumer Marketing, Corporate Communications, etc.) to facilitate efficient and transparent communication.Results Reporting and Renewals: Manage the post-sell process (recap presentations and videos) to showcase program results and work with the sales team to refine and enhance concepts driving cross and up-sell opportunities.Supervision: Oversee the development and training of group coordinators and mentor them in all aspects of their responsibilities and career growth.
The Portfolio Marketing team is responsible for creating sales collateral to market and increase ad sales of properties within the NBC Sports Group. The Marketing Manager/Graphic Design will focus these efforts primarily on the Olympics and the Olympic Channel and the design of the sales materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
• 4 years experience with an agency, sports, client or media company sales organization background
• Background in design of digital and printed materials
• Extensive experience in presentation development
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Thorough knowledge of Adobe Suite (specifically Illustrator and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint)
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Understanding of advertising within all platforms of the sports media space
• Knowledge of sports marketplace
• Ability to interact with senior-level management, internally and externally
• Strong organizational, project & event management
• Understanding of the creative development process
• Knowledge of media marketing, the sales process and media in general
• Meticulous with a keen eye for detail
• Highly innovative with positive energy
• Strong interpersonal skills – with the ability to lead and motivate a team of 2+ direct reports, interdepartmental teams and influence internal and external teams
• Familiarity with both Quantitative and Qualitative research tools – the standard media measurement tools and research (Nielsen, Mendelsohn, MRI, Simmons, CMR, IAG, IMMI, Keller Faye, simultaneous platform use, digital and social media measurement, custom studies, etc.) and ability to derive insights and craft sales stories based on relevant data
• Excellent oral, written, presentation and budget management skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.