Assistant Account Executive
- Full Time
About Relativity Ventures
Started in 2014, we are a small and agile team. We are looking for people who want to join us in our pursuit and be part of a team that creates campaigns that deliver on their promise. Much of our work is grounded in digital media and media relations. It is at the heart of everything we do. www.relativity.ventures.
We hold ourselves to a very high hiring bar. To achieve this, we think of roles first and foremost as outcomes to be achieved, not simply a description of tasks. This role requires you to create strong relationships with external parties such as press, analysts, industry groups and other stakeholders that facilitate our client’s stories. Success is measured by how well external parties understand our client’s stories and missions. You don’t just take responsibility for the tasks, but also the outcomes you produce.
Overview of role:
We are looking for an Assistant Account Executive to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious PR professional to take the next step up in their career! Experience in technology, B2B, B2C, financial, or corporate public relations is required.
To be successful in this role you have already gained some PR experience within a leading agency - minimum requirement 1-2 years. You are highly organized, have a proactive attitude with lots of initiative and have the ability to manage your workload effectively across a variety of client accounts. You must have a thorough understanding of digital/social marketing along with solid media relations experience. Please note, the role is heavy on media pitching.
Duties will include:
- Media pitching – adopt a proactive style and confidently “sell in” material across a broad range of media
- Media liaison – develop a proactive approach to media contacts, across different verticals. Responsible for dealing with day-to-day press inquiries; maximizing opportunities. Must have a portfolio of examples
- Writing skills – able to write well-structured, persuasive copy. Be skilled in writing in a range of styles including news releases, case studies, status report, articles and proposals
- Client management – build and develop strong relationships with day-to-day client contacts
- Coordinate projects and events including inviting influencers, attending events, and preparing reports
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of social media tools, including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Gather.com, YouTube, etc.
- Understand key client information including business strategy, products and services, key customers and competitors.
Knowledge and Skills
To be successful in this role you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven PR experience - (1-2) years minimum in an agency or in-house setting for technology, B2B, B2C, corporate, or financial clients
- No upcoming graduates please unless you have had (3) solid internships in an agency setting
- An accomplished writer with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about storytelling and developing original and compelling content for clients
- Be knowledgeable across social media PR channels, with experience of Facebook insights, Google analytics and other SM monitoring /listening tools
Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field
Apply for Assistant Account Executive
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly