- Full Time
We are looking for a BOLD Content Editor to work with us at Bold Business and Project Bold Life!
Who are we?
We are Bold Business, an online publication that tells the stories about how business is changing the world for the better. Our publication includes articles by a variety of writers, including influential subject matter experts, as well as videos and interviews on topics of interest to leaders in business, politics, and academia.
We are Project Bold Life, a newly launched online publication that delivers engaging content that educates, motivates, and inspires you to take action, create positive change and live a successful, purposeful and Bold Life.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a Content Editor with an interest in business publishing, who can help our writers produce better work, as well as conduct final edits prior to publication. You will be responsible for planning, creating, editing, and publishing content on websites. The right candidate will enjoy reading and learning about a wide variety of topics, from “health and longevity” to “energy”, “transportation” to “human achievement”.
The right editor will enjoy working with a growing dynamic team, have a desire to learn, a strong portfolio, and a college degree in a related field.
Please, familiarize yourself with our websites before applying:
*Salary packages up to $60,000 based on experience.
- Planning, creating, editing, and publishing content
- Proofreading text to ensure it is well written, logically structured, and in the right style for the intended audience
- Correcting grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Suggesting content additions and changes
- Conducting research and/or interviews
- Ensuring text is in line with Bold Business’ editorial style and voice
- Fact checking
- Maintaining legal compliance, e.g. libelous, copyright, etc…
- Communicating issues and corrections with the authors
- Updating websites and social media pages with new content
Requirements and skills:
- Proven experience as a Content Editor, Web Editor, or similar role
- Excellent written English skills
- Strong business acumen
- Experience writing about business topics
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Tactful approach when dealing with authors
- Ability to retain the author's 'voice' after editing
- Familiarity with electronic publishing, graphics, Web design, and multimedia production
- Familiarity with SEO and keyword search
Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or English