- Full Time
Our General Books Group is looking for a Publicist to manage all aspects of a publicity campaign for approximately 2-3 titles a month under limited supervision. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of titles included in the William Morrow and Dey Street imprint(s).
- Publicizes books and authors; schedules interviews with broadcast, print and online media.
- Plan and coordinate author appearances at bookstores, at festivals, and in live streaming outlets. Book local media in conjunction with events.
- Briefs authors on how to handle interviews, develops media contacts, and accompanies authors on interviews.
- Writes press releases, pitch letters and other promotional materials relating to tours.
- Coordinates all publicity activities on assigned titles from the mailing of galleys to the development of proper angles and pitches.
- Schedules and plans bookstore appearances and special events.
- Coordinates publicity updates for division and sales force.
- Schedules/books author travel; advise department members with travel logistic oversight for multi-author events.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years prior relevant work experience - including booking experience, thorough familiarity with the media, social media skills
- Experience with/knowledge of genres including nonfiction, lifestyle, cookbooks, mysteries, thrillers, and women's fiction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detailed-oriented, well-organized and able to set priorities under pressure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficiency with WordPress and the Adobe Suite a plus
- Strong detail management skills are necessary to handle multiple publicity campaigns simultaneously
- Able to travel to author events in NYC
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. Whn you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.