Assignment Desk Editor - KXAS
Location: Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCUniversal’s Owned Television station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KXAS TV, is looking for a highly organized Assignment Desk Editor. As an NBC5 Assignment Desk Editor, you will gather information and set up stories, react aggressively to breaking news, update our digital platforms including NBCDFW.com and contribute story ideas.
Basic Qualifications Minimum 2 years experience working on a television assignment desk
- Assign reporters, photographers, and other personnel to cover stories
- Monitor social media, police radios, electronic/printed sources for potential news content
- Post stories & content to NBCDFW.com and NBC5’s social media channels
- Assist producers, reporters, and photographers with researching stories and gathering information
- Answer newsroom phones and respond to viewer e-mails
- Set up and coordinate live remotes inside and outside the building
Previous work experience requiring organization and research skills
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work in Dallas/Fort Worth area
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
- Must be available to work overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed or required
- Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Alternative Dispute Resolution program
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish
- Must work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of Dallas-Fort Worth market.
- Self-starter with great social media skills and strong news judgment
- Ability to work contacts and react quickly and aggressively to breaking news and developing stories
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.