Vice President, Digital Engagement
- Full Time
Vice President, Digital Engagement
Reports to: Executive Director, CAP Action Fund
Department: CAP Action Fund, War Room
Staff reporting to this position: CAP Action Fund Digital Team
Position classification: Exempt, full time
American Progress seeks a highly motivated Vice President of Digital Engagement with an ability to develop compelling and impactful content to help advance and achieve the organization’s goals. The Vice President will work to position the Center for American Progress Action Fund (CAPAF), a multi-issue advocacy organization, as a hub within the progressive community—working closely with partners to develop and disseminate content across a range of issues and to advance a clear progressive narrative across digital channels.
Ideal candidates will have a strategic perspective on how to develop effective digital content and campaigns that can break through in a noisy media environment. They will possess a willingness to be creative and attempt outside-the-box ideas while always maintaining a results-oriented and data-driven approach. The Vice President will be collaborative and able to work with multiple teams. Candidates who can demonstrate significant initiative to generate and execute on ideas are highly desired.
- Develop, maintain, and disseminate CAPAF’s digital content across the organization, ensuring that it helps advance the organization’s goals and mission.
- Build and manage a talented digital engagement team that can produce social, video, and other digital content.
- Grow and strengthen CAPAF’s ability to distribute content, including through its own channels, partner groups, and paid programs.
- Partner closely with the digital team at the Center for American Progress to ensure cohesion and foster collaboration.
- Engage with policy and advocacy teams to provide strategic support and develop content as needed.
- Measure and analyze the success of the user experience both in absolute terms and versus competitors and determine goals for improvement.
- Lead a website redesign process to develop an action-driven site that informs and engages CAPAF’s audiences, working with external contractors and multiple internal stakeholders.
- Identify and refine understanding of target audiences and work with teams to sharpen CAPAF’s digital engagement focus.
- Develop and maintain CAPAF’s brand across new and emerging digital platforms to ensure a clear narrative about what CAPAF stands for and is working toward.
- Collaborate with senior leadership on alignment with CAPAF’s strategic goals and communicate to leadership team on progress and major milestones achieved.
- Explore low-dollar fundraising opportunities to help amplify the distribution and impact of CAPAF’s work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- At least 10 years of experience in digital and content strategy, including in a senior management role.
- Proven success collaborating and communicating with various teams to achieve goals.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities.
- An ability to develop and shape content that will inspire action.
- Deep commitment to progressive values and politics.
- Expertise crafting video content and a knack for storytelling through the medium.
- A keen eye for design.
- Creative commitment to innovation and experimentation.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Broad range of experience working with multiple CRMs and CMSes.
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Focus on possibilities and not obstacles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated aptitude at being self-sufficient and self-directed.