- Full Time
Join The Poynter Institute as a key member of our faculty. You’ll be part of a dynamic teaching team at a global leader in journalism, where you will train and mentor the journalists who will lead innovation in their newsrooms.
Poynter guides enterprising journalists, teaching them to take their ideas from concept to revenue-generating reality, and you’ll play a critical role in nurturing the ideas and encouraging the execution.
Journalists everywhere — from major news organizations to media startups — turn to Poynter to train their current leaders and groom future standouts. You’ll work as a coach and teacher in the world’s largest media organizations as well as have the opportunity to make a big impact on small newsrooms and startups. As a result, you gain an unparalleled vantage point of the news ecosystem.
- At least 10 years in journalism, with at least three in a leadership position
- A record of editorial accomplishment and innovation in a multimedia environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with cutting-edge storytelling and newsgathering practices
- Ability to travel frequently, including international travel
- Persuasive writing skills
- Strong public speaking chops — or the potential to develop them
- Experience recruiting, hiring, developing and evaluating journalists
- Commitment to diversity
- Ability to analyze media business models
- Familiarity with a range of leadership styles
- An existing network of media contacts
- Ability to be based in Tampa Bay
Reports to the Senior Vice President.
No phone calls, please.
Position is in St. Petersburg, FL.
Annual Salary Range: $80k-$110k plus relocation benefit of up to $10k
Send cover letter and resume via email via the link provided.
Deadline to apply: December 7, 2018
Start date for this position is January 2019.
Apply for Faculty Member
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly