Vice President, Media And Public Relations
- Full Time
Reporting to the SVP, Global Brand and Strategic Communication, the Vice President for Media and Public Relations will help lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategy and plan to leverage and enhance the position of Catalyst as the go to source for thought leadership and actionable solutions on advancing women and diversity and inclusion in the workplace. This is a crucial time for women in the workplace and you will join an organization that is at the forefront of helping organizations create workplaces where women and everyone can thrive. We are looking for a talented media and public relations expert that will join a passionate and determined communications team that is developing new and enhanced ways to share the work of Catalyst, engage others on the journey, and advance the mission.
You will be responsible for increasing visibility and awareness of the brand, mission, research, solutions and impact and will contribute to elevating the reputation of Catalyst among key audiences regionally, nationally, and globally.
You will recommend and implement traditional and new PR approaches to reach and influence Catalyst’s multiple target audiences across different channels. You are an entrepreneurial thinker who will identify ways to package and deliver the Catalyst story in ways that breakthrough. As a media relations expert, you will develop plans that will enhance and expand Catalyst’s visibility in top tier media. You are digitally savvy and will have demonstrated expertise in developing and executing social media strategies and tactics to engage key influencers and stakeholders as part of an integrated public relations and communications approach.
You will develop a measurement plan to assess the impact of PR and media strategies and tactics and identify optimization opportunities. Building relationships with external influencers will be part of your role. Additionally, you will support the SVP in communications positioning and execution for the President and CEO. You will oversee and direct communications strategy/execution for regional offices/PR media consultants and agencies.
Your Essential Functions
- Develop and implement public relations strategy and plan.
- Develop media relations strategy and plan.
- Manage and cultivate key relationships.
- Supervise proactive and strategic media engagement and rapid response to inquiries.
- Take responsibility for all media inquiries, manage relationships with reporters, and oversee media and press events.
- Identify and manage appropriate media and PR opportunities for the President and CEO.
- Provide counsel on issues management and help lead response.
- Develop messaging for media interviews throughout organization and in all regions.
- Identify, prepare, and train spokespeople.
- Lead and/or supervise top-tier media interviews and engagements globally.
- Identify speaking engagements and opportunities for the CEO.
- Develop messaging for internal communications as required.
- Manage media consultants and agencies.
- Develop and implement plans to promote Catalyst research, services, products events, maximizing exposure via national and international media.
- Develop and execute communications plans to support major campaigns, launches, product releases and events.
- Assign, write, and edit press releases, speeches, and op-ed pieces.
- Develop messaging for the Catalyst website, as required.
- Supervise strategy development, execution, and measurement of integrated social media public relations plan.
- Serve as Spokesperson for Catalyst, if needed.
- Support special projects identified by the SVP as needed.
Your Knowledge and Skills
- Expert level experience in all aspects of Media and Public Relations with demonstrated track record.
- Self-starter, creative, strategic thinker, with tactical experience and expertise.
- Media relations—proactive/responsive strategy and execution.
- Marketing, marketing communications, and corporate communications.
- Proven track record of leveraging both traditional and new media.
- Communications strategy and plan development and execution.
- Global expertise and ability to define messaging and communications for varied markets/marketplaces.
- Strong digital communications experience and social media expertise.
- Seasoned judgment on external communications (corporate, government, social communities).
- Excellent writing and editing skills—ability to write for different audiences.
- Strong Op-Ed and speech writing capabilities.
- Matrixed team management and ability to partner with multiple cross-functional teams.
- Experienced interface with C-Suite executives.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Budget management.
Your Working Conditions
- Some travel nationally and internationally.
- Ability to perform with excellence and respond rapidly under tight deadlines.
- Need to accommodate time zones outside NY office hours and work.
Your Education and Experience Requirements
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree, Graduate degree preferred. Minimum ten (10) years of direct public & media relations and communications leadership experience across industries or sectors. Agency, corporate communications, journalism with strong communications background desirable. Strong social media knowledge and experience. Excellent writing skills. Strong verbal communications skills. Demonstrated track record of PR and Media Relations success.
How to apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements via the link provided with “VP, Media and Public Relations” in the subject line. Due to the large number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
****A writing sample is required to be considered for this position.*****
Apply for Vice President, Media And Public Relations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly