HBO Manager, Digital Media & Acquisition
- Full Time
WHAT WE’RE DOING
The Digital Media team at HBO is growing as we prepare to bring our fans new programming across all genres throughout 2019. With a focus on engagement, driving tune-in and marketing technology, we’re doing some new things to create innovative consumer experiences tied to programming and the HBO brand. As marketing becomes more reliant on data to reach consumers with targeted messaging, we are injecting new skills into our organization that will arm us with insights and creative intelligence about those who follow and love the stories we tell.
Our Consumer Marketing team has won numerous awards including Emmys, Cannes Lions, Webbys, Mosaic, PromaxBDA, Clios, and Golden Trailer awards.
Responsible for leading the digital media capabilities around paid digital advertising including social, programmatic and direct partnerships across the HBO business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead briefing and collaboration with HBO’s media agency to develop paid digital media campaigns for HBO Brand and User Acquisition campaigns for HBO’s standalone streaming App, HBO NOW.
- Manage media agency team to ensure appropriate prioritization, proper communications and facilitate knowledge sharing across team.
- Partner with acquisition team members who manage the owned and operated acquisition journeys to develop test and learn initiatives around paid digital user acquisition campaigns.
- Partner with retention team to develop and execute paid digital campaigns.
- Partner with Brand and Social teams and other internal stakeholders to translate brand objectives into appropriate media strategies and facilitate operational efficiencies for all digital media campaigns.
- Coordinate efforts around media planning with audience team, media partners and other key stakeholders.
- Build strong partnerships with key media platforms and media partners to stay on the cutting edge of media opportunities, including ad formats, targeting capabilities, optimizations, etc.
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree + 5-7 years work experience at a media agency or at a brand/publisher
- Experience managing paid digital user acquisition/direct response campaigns
- Experience in planning, buying, or optimizing digital media campaigns
- Proficiency with the following tools is a plus: Google Analytics, Facebook Insights
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once