HBO Coordinator, Digital Retention Marketing (Temp-to-Perm)
WHAT WE’RE DOING
The digital marketing team at HBO is growing as we prepare to bring our fans new programming across all genres throughout 2019. As marketing becomes more reliant on data to reach consumers with targeted messaging, we are injecting new skills into our organization that will arm us with insights and creative intelligence about those who follow and love the stories we tell.
Our Consumer Marketing team has won numerous awards including Emmys, Cannes Lions, Webbys, Mosaic, PromaxBDA, Clios, and Golden Trailer awards.
This position reports directly into the Manager of Customer Engagement & Retention Marketing and supports HBO’s digital marketing efforts for the network’s streaming services, HBO NOW and HBO GO.
This person will be responsible for executing best-in-class marketing campaigns and copywriting for Acquisition and Retention campaigns across the customer lifecycle to entice users to watch HBO programming (original series, movies, documentaries and more). The ideal candidate will have a background in copywriting with an interest in developing marketing skills.
The Coordinator will also oversee day-to-day operational activities that drive critical business KPIs and will be expected to contribute ideas and work collaboratively with a cross-functional team.
- Marketing Strategy:
- Work closely with the Manager to develop and execute communication strategies to engage/retain our customers based on programming, interests and stage in the customer lifecycle
- Own and maintain internal planning calendars and documentation to ensure accuracy as plans change
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and coordination towards key business strategies and objectives
- Utilize insights and campaign results to inform future recommendations and initiatives
- Contribute to other digital projects, including landing pages and social media as needed
- Write copy for all Retention and Acquisition marketing campaigns, engaging users across various stages of the customer lifecycle (lead, trialist, subscriber, lapsed) through a variety of digital marketing channels (email, mobile push, paid media, social)
- Coordinate between the Strategy and Production teams to ensure the deliverables meet the intended strategic needs for that particular target audience and channel
- Average weekly writing volume: 10-15 emails; 3-5 mobile push messages
- 2-3 years marketing experience with copywriting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English or Marketing
- Excellent organizational, time management and witten/oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and intellectually curious with a desire to learn
- Copywriting skills to bring HBO’s brand voice to life to promote a wide array of programming in a convincing, humorous and natural tone
- A team player with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and perform under pressure with meticulous attention to detail
- A passion for entertainment and pop culture
- We’re serious about cultivating, nurturing and growing talent
- We value accountability, fairness, hard work and curiosity
- We’re fun, diverse and passionate about doing good work
- We’re out-of-the-box thinkers and doers