Senior Account Manager
- Full Time
At Guinness World Records, we believe that everyone is amazing at something, and that extends to organizations, too. The Senior Account Manager plays a key role in helping our clients drive earned media, boost social engagement and even increase sales by creating PR and Advertising campaigns featuring Guinness World Records titles.
He/she is part of our Commercial Account Services team, responsible for understanding our customers’ needs and providing customized marketing solutions involving our suite of marketing services and products. We work with organizations of all types and sizes- from Fortune 500 companies, to non-profits, to universities, to leading PR and ad agencies.
We provide four primary services:
- Account management, i.e. working closely with the client from ideation through contract phase to build a campaign centered around the power of record breaking.
- Creative consultancy. Working closely with our Records and Marketing teams to choose an existing or new record category that fits with the client’s goals.
- Adjudication, i.e. delivering the official verdict of the record attempt through one of our media and record trained judges. (Adjudicators)
- Utilizing the Guinness World Records (GWR) name and logos as the ultimate stamp of authority in their PR and advertising campaigns. Our clients then amplify their message through promotional videos, on owned social platforms, advertising, TV commercials and retail POS, that feature the Guinness World Records name and logos.
- Understand your customers’ needs, challenges and pain points, collaborating with relevant GWR staff, and then offering appropriate marketing solutions through our suite of services and products.
- Create customized packages featuring our name and logo that are designed to maximize each client’s goals based on their unique campaign or event.
- Outreach to prospects and past clients to raise awareness, and pitch event and campaign ideas based on the customers’ needs.
- Research prospects in top markets.
- Initiate and lead capabilities meetings to agencies.
- Respond to and manage inbound requests from customers received through our website.
- Conduct timely follow-up with prospects and clients including in-person meetings, phone, and email.
- Be responsible for client relationships from initial contact through the life of the relationship.
- Achieve commercial department and individual sales targets.
- Build and cultivate long-term relationships with third parties for recurring business.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- Minimum of 4-6 years account management experience, preferably in B2B sales and with agency experience. (working at or selling to)
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Enthusiastic personality, can-do attitude, creative thinker and a passion for the Guinness World Records brand.
- B2B and/or agency experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of sales experience, particularly with North American-based commercial clients.
- Willingness and experience reaching out to previously untapped or lapsed prospects via cold calling and other written forms of communication, i.e. LinkedIn.
- A passion for listening and understanding the customer’s needs and providing appropriate and creative solutions.
- Outgoing, articulate and confident in speaking in front of audiences in various settings.
- A consultative seller, careful listener and strong negotiator.
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- • Excellent business writing skills, including proposals and presentations.
- Prior CRM experience, Salesforce strongly preferred.
- VP and Head of Commercial Account Services and team members
- Marketing team
- Records Management Team
- PR Team
- Junior Designer
How to apply: Would you like the opportunity to gain experience from a global brand with a fun, diverse working environment? Apply today!
Please send your resume to HRAmericas@guinnessworldrecords.com and include a brief explanation why you’d like to work at Guinness World Records and what your breaking World Record would be! While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Apply for Senior Account Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly