Senior Publicist, Publicity and Book Marketing
- Full Time
Manages publicity/media and author relations for the following physical and digital product lines: books/eBooks, CDs/Audio Downloads, and/or special projects assigned by Director. Responsible for creating and executing all publicity campaigns for assigned projects under the direction of the Department Director. Responsible for gathering launch analytics and make recommendations for future projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities – Related to Assigned Product Lines
· Secure national and local media, including broadcast, print, podcasts and online outlets, developing newsworthy story ideas and pitches.
· Actively seek, develop, and maintain close working relationships with members of the press and influencers (broadcast, radio, print, online, podcasts, etc.).
· Craft compelling press kits, pitch letters, and other promotional assets for a product launch.
· Maintain consistent and supportive contact with authors, agents, editors, marketing team and sales team.
· Create strong promotional strategies & PR plans for assigned product line(s).
· Conduct author relations associated with the publicity including: responding to author inquiries and requests, maintaining continual flow of information, and planning/managing author participation.
· Brief authors on media interviews and accompany authors on interviews.
· Schedule media interviews with authors.
· Coordinate and facilitates social media presence for campaigns, oversees FB Live content, execution and results.
· Distribute media clips and other information related to bookings to sales team.
· Works closely with Publicity & Book Marketing Director for effective publicity launch strategies.
· Works closely with Sales team to ensure media hits are communicated timely to sales reps.
· Evaluates success of each launch. Reports analytics and revenue to Director upon project completion. Makes recommendation for future plans.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
· Proven track record of securing national placements on TV, radio, online and podcasts.
· Ability to create strategic and creative PR plans to leverage author’s platform and book sales.
· Results-oriented, self-motivated, creative, innovative, and organized with high attention-to-detail.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
· Self-starter that can work independently.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proof-reading and copy writing skills.
· Knowledge of Facebook and Instagram.
Education and/or Experience
· Minimum of 5 years of book publicity experience or industry experience.
· Theoretical knowledge typically achieved through a related four-year college experience, such as a Bachelor’s degree in marketing or equivalent.
· Proven experience working in a cross-functional team.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification and it may be changed by management at any time. Other duties may also apply. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. Distribution of this item outside of the Company without an authorized release is a violation of Company policy.
Company address: 665 Broadway, Suite 1200, New York, NY 10012