Location: Miami, Florida
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Assist the Show Director with show traffic, pre and post production.Maintaining constant communication with Master Control, Show Director, Stage Manager as well as the entire production crew pertaining to show flow, all timing and countdown aspects of the show.Obtaining all information related to show timing from the Producers, Traffic and Master Control. May have to physically time various video clips and other show aspects as needed.Playback media through Avid Command and replay systems i.e (Grass Valley K2, Dyno & EVS) on pertaining shows.Proficient in Avid iNEWS or other NRCS I.e (Dalet, ENPS, Inception, etc.)Insert and remove branding graphics during pertaining show segments through a logo inserter i.e (Evertz View Panel, Leitch Logo-motion).Direct show segments & briefs in absence of Show Director.
The Assistant Director (AD) in the Technical Production department is responsible for supporting the Show Director and other PCR personnel in all aspects of production, coordinating all production activities and maintaining the split second timing for various fast-paced live or live to tape Entertainment, Talk, Sports, Magazine and News oriented television programming.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Television Production or related and 3+ years of experience in a television production environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be available to work all shifts, including early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, late breaking news and hurricane emergencies.
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
• Must be willing to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice.
• Must be well organized, a good motivator and able to think quickly.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of broadcast and production technology.
• Studio and remote production experience.
• Ability to multi-task and react quickly during daily broadcasts.
• Interpersonal and professional communication skills.
• Advanced computer skills and familiarity with Windows operating systems
• Fluency in English/Spanish
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.