Business Development Manager - Content Commerce
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Stay ahead of industry trends especially those of competitive or near competitive product offerings
NBCU is a Media Industry leader that helps clients achieve marketing and sales goals with innovative solutions that engage targeted audiences at scale. NBCU’s Content Commerce initiative gives NBCU the ability to help brands achieve their objectives through a Network branded digital platform that is optimized for commerce and direct consumer engagement; an E-Commerce experience unlike any other in the marketplace.
The Business Development Manager is a digital native sales leader; responsible for establishing relationships with senior-level executives and influencing key decision makers in retail brand categories including but not limited to Fashion & Athletic Apparel, Footwear, Accessories, Home and Beauty. This position will lead the development of the go-to-market strategy and generate creatively led opportunities with brand partners for the Content Commerce business. As a Sales leader, the Business Development Manager will partner with the Merchandising team by identifying priority accounts and developing unique sales strategies. The Business Development Manager will also partner closely with the Ecommerce team to successfully technically integrate brand partners and the Brand Partnerships team to successfully onboard, maintain, and grow brand partnerships. Reporting into the Director of Business Development, this position will be a founding member of the Business Development team with enormous potential for management experience and professional growth.
Further develop and grow NBCU’s Content Commerce Sales efforts to ensure that Content Commerce meets, and ideally exceeds, client and revenue goals set by senior managementDevelop and implement business plans and materials that are infused with market insights and insider expertiseFocus on clients as partners and allies in the successful build out of Content Commerce and ideate sales strategies & solutions that deliver against their KPIsCollaborate with cross functional teams pre & post sale to ensure all activations are executable and that they deliver as promised post saleUnderstand and respect the positioning and business needs of all Network partners; align solutions accordinglyResearch and analyze client business; present strategic creative solutions to negotiate and close the saleDevelop and present status reports to executive leadership team
• 5+ years of Business Development / Sales / Partnerships experience in E-commerce and/or Technology (Preferably in Fashion, Beauty or Lifestyle verticals)
• Demonstrated track record of identifying and executing successful partnerships and large scale marketing activations, particularly in the Ecommerce, traditional Retail, and Digital Media industries
• Ability to structure effective sales strategies and negotiate complex, high-profile agreements
• Ability to cross-departmentally collaborate with Legal, Product, Creative and various other internal business owners to create customized brand partnerships
• Experience in fast paced, constantly evolving ‘start-up’ or similar environment
• Experience managing partnerships across multiple external and internal stakeholders
• Fluent in E-commerce terminology and business practices
• Fluent in CRM tools / SaaS, e.g. Salesforce, BOX, Slack, Atlassian
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
• Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
• Ability to both react to current business as well as ability to anticipate future business trends
• BA/BS degree required
• Experience with multi-channel commerce platforms, e.g Shopify, Demandware, Magento
• Influential leadership skills; the ability to motivate direct reports, team, and decision makers both externally and internally
• Public speaking experience as subject matter expert within industry, e.g. conferences, tradeshows, panels
• Experience in corporate development and/or management consulting
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, innovatively, and creatively using sound business judgment and quantitative skills
• A positive attitude and passion for building businesses; entrepreneurial drive and a self-starter mindset
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.