Digital Content Producer
- Full Time
The Digital Content Producer for KIRO 7 produces and maintains the content for kiro7.com and multiple social media platforms with the goal of building an audience of loyal and local visitors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Write and adapt broadcast content for website, working closely with KIRO’s News department to ensure continuity with KIRO news coverage.
- Create significant, original, locally-focused stories for KIRO 7’s digital platforms.
- Create engaging content on Facebook, Twitter and other digital platforms that draw viewers to the web and television.
- Participate in the creative development and technical implementation of online content for the website.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, News and Sales departments to meet performance goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must understand and be able to execute news stories on evolving digital platforms
- Have sound news judgment
- Attention to detail
- Initiative and drive in a deadline-driven environment
- Energy and follow-up
- Successfully collaborate daily with teammates across the newsroom
- The ability to handle stressful environments
- Strong communication skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- B.A. Degree in Journalism, Communications, or other field of study preferred
- Experience with website content creation and social media platforms – with clear, measurable results – is preferred
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be well read on current affairs and have a wide-range working knowledge and understanding of general interest subjects.
- Must be able to understand research and execute on the findings.
- Ability to work well with others.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands and essential physical abilities include: a combination of physical work (standing, walking, lifting and carrying items such as laptop computers, pulling file drawers.
- Sedentary demands include: document review and computer use, including ability to manipulate fingers to operate computer keyboard and mouse.
- Expected to work under deadline constraints and meet precise deadlines (including self-imposed deadlines).
- Routine interruptions and unforeseen assignments are to be expected.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-WA-Seattle-2807 3rd Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing