Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 26914
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Assistant/Coordinator to join the Special Markets department in Penguin Random House! Supporting the Strategic Marketing Development department, the Assistant/Coordinator will provide sales and administrative support for market development within sales while learning about and contributing to the future of retail. Join our team if you are interested in gaining relevant experience in new account development and account strategy in a fast paced, fun, and book-loving environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Working with the VP and Director of Strategy & Development and sales teams across a variety of channels to research and identify new retail opportunities.
* Providing analytical support and demonstrating a comfort with working with data which includes merchandising retail analysis and planning.
* Generating presentations that include market research and account specific book recommendations for sales leads.
* Building proposals for seasonal planning and helping to execute the business across a range of accounts and channels.
* Providing support and driving projects to completion by tying together teams from Sales, Operations, IT and Customer Service while keeping all stakeholders informed on specific projects.
* Performing ad hoc analysis and support for the VP and Director of Strategy & Development.
* Performing general administrative duties for the department.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Minimum of one year of publishing sales or marketing experience to be considered at the Coordinator level
* General interest in book publishing and sales
* Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to prioritize
* Ability to work well under pressure and create new processes
* Superb communication skills with an ability to work well in a cross functional team
* Keen interest in the future of omni-channel retail
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Previous retail & merchandising experience a plus
* Previous sales or marketing internship a plus
* InDesign, Photoshop, and/or photography skills for presentation development a plus
Salary for the Assistant level is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.