Sales Compensation Project Manager II
- Full Time
The Project Manager is responsible for assisting in thedevelopment, coordination, planning and implementation of Compensationinitiatives tied to the goals and objectives of Sales Strategy. In addition, the PM will work withstakeholders in the various channels as well as IT (App Dev) for the timely andaccurate delivery of projects including development, testing, documentation,communication, training and release.
Primary Responsibilities andEssential Functions
- Ability to facilitate successful implementation ofplanned work streams and CRs.
- Work closely and interact directly with business ownersand project team to identify, rationalize and document business requirements;then design and document practical and cost-effective solutions.
- Effectively communicate project status to managementand keep business stakeholders informed of project status and all relatedissues.
- Manage and control changes in project scope whilecommunicating impact to management and team.
- Identify, communicate and manage risks that mayinterfere with project execution or success.
- Continuously monitor development process.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate testing for newcompensation plans in OIC, or other compensation calculation tools.
- Partner with Compensation Manager to identify andfulfill any training or documentation needs for their team or for the channel.
- Understand and comply with the full project life cycle,including analysis, design, development, delivery and post-delivery support.
- Make improvement recommendations that assist thebusiness in achieving its goals and objectives by leveraging best practices andprofessional experience.
- Provide excellent customer service to employees and leaders in thefield.
- 3 or moreyears of experience required in related field (compensation, sales incentives,or sales variable pay plans)
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with teams throughoutorganization
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently with minimalsupervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in writing and/or reviewing business specifications,technical specifications, and other project documentation, including compensationplans and policies.
- Ability to build successful and influential relationships withstakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to juggle and prioritizemultiple activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Conceptual understanding of how database systems operate; ability to askthe right questions to gain a firm understanding of system constraints andpotential workarounds.
- BS/BAdegree in technical, business or management discipline or equivalent professionalexperience
- 2or more years of experience in a management role or leading cross functionalprojects preferred
- Experiencein telecommunications industry desired.
- Prefer CSCPcertification
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for it's pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiaryof Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6205-B Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: 2018-11-18