- Full Time
KHBS/KHOG TV, the Hearst-owned ABC/CW duopoly in Fayetteville/Fort Smith, AR is looking for a strong, take-charge reporter who hits the ground running every day. The successful candidate is aggressive, thrives on breaking news and is highly competitive. We value strong enterprise reporting and we are looking for someone who finds the stories that lead newscasts. The KHBS News Team sets a high bar for excellent journalism. Must be able to enterprise exclusives, tell compelling stories, and execute energetic live shots.
- Generates strong story ideas every day that can lead newscasts.
- Collaborates with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details that accentuate unique enterprise angles and have exclusive content.
- Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
- Successfully juggles the needs of both TV and digital newsgathering.
- Will contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day.
- Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
- Able to stay on top of local, national and international news on all platforms and consider local impact.
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
- Strong writing and storytelling skills.
- Exceptional live reporting skills.
- Ability to work under very tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work all shifts, including overnights and weekends.
- Previous reporting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to enterprise and uncover.
- Strong social media skills.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience.
- Related military experience will be considered.