Penguin Random House is seeking an Editor or a Senior Editor to acquire and edit fiction for the Dutton imprint in the Penguin Publishing Group. This role will focus on thrillers, suspense, and general commercial fiction for original publication. The ideal candidate will consistently pursue and attract new author talent and conceptualize innovative projects. In addition to the actual editorial work, the role will be fully involved in the publishing process through production and will work to make the title succeed after publication. This is an excellent opportunity to establish and nurture relationships with booksellers, reviewers, and others in the writing and publishing community.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Soliciting, acquiring, and editing books for publication.
* Working with the publicity and marketing teams to package and position books.
* Acting as the in-house liaison between editorial and the production, design, and managing editorial departments, as well as the sales, marketing and publicity teams.
* Helping other Editors assess projects as needed.
* Liaising with authors and agents in all phases of the publishing process, from acquisition to publish date.
* Effectively representing own list as well as the Dutton imprint to media, booksellers, foreign publishers, literary organizations, and other out-of-house contacts beyond authors and agents.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.