Senior Operations Manager
We are a branded content studio. Our main goal is to ensure our brand partners are always part of the cultural conversation. We offer full-service marketing capabilities delivering custom content and creative solutions across all our platforms and experiences, driving value for our partners and loyalty with our fans. Long story short, we make killer brand driven content wherever and whenever our partners want it.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT?
Want the spirit of a start-up while working on some of the world's premiere entertainment brands? Want to wear jeans on more than just Fridays? Looking for a job that will not only make room for your side-hustles, but also encourage them? If so, this could be for you.
At Velocity, we value diversity of thought, and we think your hobbies and unique viewpoints are just as important as your previous work experience. We view the world not only from our offices (though the views are pretty sweet), but also via immersive experiences that inspire us, keep us at the forefront of the ever-changing cultural landscape, and, with any luck, make us better marketers.
SO, WHATS THE JOB?
The Velocity Operations team is responsible for improving efficiency and effectiveness across Velocity’s marketing and creative organization to drive revenue growth and future opportunities. The Senior Systems Manager will act as direct support to the Director, Operations on the Velocity project, an 18-month assignment to develop technology infrastructure that would support the business and be integral to its operations. It involves development of intuitive, simplified, and streamlined solution(s) that enhance and automate business processes to overcome today’s challenges around file storage, file sharing, and collaboration.
- Represent all business users in the Velocity organization in helping to define the technology roadmap
- Acting as direct contact for Viacom’s technology group and serve as the liaison with team members
- Work with cross-functional teams to initiate and roll out selected projects, including but not limited to: Digital & Linear Ad Sales, Marketing & Creative, Media Planning, Pricing & Inventory, Legal, Finance
- Understand and articulate the current business process and identify opportunities for improvement
- Define business requirements and be able to communicate them to Viacom’s technology group
- Evaluate different technology platforms and provide POVs on solutions
- Lead roll-out of new systems from identification through training of users, including QA testing
- Provide guidance on communication and training plans as well as create materials as needed
- Conduct additional training sessions as needed
- Prioritize the implementation of new features in existing systems
- Monitor and report on user feedback for new and existing systems
- Continue to stay abreast of best-in-class processes and tools
CHOPS YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS GIG: [AKA THE SKILLS SECTION]
- 5+ years involvement in system deployments and driving user adoption
- Prior work experience in media/entertainment a plus!
- Excellent presentation and communication skills – including extensive experience in project management
- Ability to anticipate challenges and provide actionable solutions
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, and possess the ability to prioritize actions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)