- Full Time
Ad Age is seeking a dynamic, self-starting scoops- and news-obsessed editor to help craft our coverage of the light-speed evolution of marketing, media and communications. He or she will help run a newsroom tackling the intersection of marketing, media, advertising and money. This will be an experienced editor, accustomed to telling high-impact stories about the evolution of modern marketing and its biggest personalities. This person will work with editors and other reporters to generate ideas, edit stories and craft overall marketing, media and advertising news. Experience covering technology, marketing or media is a must.
This role will also require working on our newsletter strategy, speaking at Ad Age and other industry events, some travel.
- Work closely with the editor, executive editor and managing editor to shape the direction of Ad Age’s day-to-day content and long-term, enterprise coverage
- Help craft and develop ideas that will drive Ad Age’s digital growth in all areas: the website, social media, and video
- Have a network of freelancers that can actively pitch
- Manage reporters
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications or similar field
- 5 years of editorial newsroom experience at a nationally-recognized publication
- Experience managing a team of reporters
- Experience managing freelancers
- Experience covering technology, marketing or media
- A keen understanding of the forces affecting the advertising industry today
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Must be familiar with current social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and others
- Proficient with using web-based content management systems for publishing online
- Online / digital portfolio is essential
- Ability to travel as needed
- Keen nose for marketing, media and advertising news
- Experience (and love of) working with data
- Strong eye for detail, copy editing, and sense of narrative flow
- A passion for the evolving role of the modern marketer
- A team player who works well in a collaborative environment
- An established social media presence
- Comfortable on stage or in front of a camera
- Skilled in social media, with track record of using social tools to enhance readership
- Scoop-obsessed and has a collaborative mind-set
Ad Age is a daily must-read for an influential audience of decision makers and disruptors across the marketing and media landscape. Created in 1930 to cover a burgeoning industry with objectivity, accuracy, and fairness, Ad Age continues to be powered by award-winning journalism. Today, Ad Age is a global media brand focusing on curated creativity, data and analysis, people and culture, and innovation and forecasting. From vital print editions to must-attend events and innovative platform offerings, its industry-leading offerings include the coveted A-List & Creativity Awards, the Ad Age Next Conference, and proprietary data such as the Leading National Advertisers Report from the Ad Age Datacenter.
Click HERE to visit us in our New York office.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can’t get anywhere else. As a privately held company, we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.