Chronicle Field Producer
- Full Time
Hearst Television’s WCVB-TV, located in Massachusetts, is searching for a Chronicle Field Producer to join the Chronicle team. Primary responsibilities include producing video segments, hard news as well as features, for nightly magazine program Chronicle. Position occasionally requires travel, both inside and outside of New England.
- Research and develop story ideas appropriate for Chronicle magazine program.
- Schedule interviews and location shooting for stories.
- Secure permission for locations and oversee on-location shooting.
- Conduct off-camera interviews with subjects for magazine segments.
- Log tapes and locate other video, film, photographs or music that might enhance the story.
- Develop thorough edit plan for each segment.
- Oversee video editing.
- Work with reporters on the recording of stand-up and voice-overs.
- Write scripts for stories.
- Work with program producers in generating material for the program.
- Occasionally serve as control room producer during live broadcast of Chronicle.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Requires writing skills and other journalism skills. Also requires flexibility, ability to work on schedule and work well with people. Sense of creativity is essential.
- Three to five years of television, film and/or videotape field production experience, and familiarity with videotape editing.
- Military experience will be considered
- College Degree or DINFOS
- Oversees technicians in shooting and editing stories.
- Internal: Regularly coordinates production activities with Production Manager, Engineering Supervisor, Videotape Librarian and other station departments as needed.
- External: Deals regularly with numerous community groups, public relations personnel and various public personalities who may be guests or contributors to the program.