News Anchor Telemundo 40
Location: McAllen, Texas
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Anchor position is responsible for local on- air delivery of newscasts. News anchor must be able to write stories, report and produce local news stories on air and for live broadcast shows.
The Anchor primary purpose is to report daily and breaking news stories to keep the audience informed. They are involved and work closely with producers to ensure stories are accurately written and presented on the daily newscasts. Anchors are responsible for presenting local & national news and generating ideas to increase ratings.
• Conduct research to write and present stories that attract the viewer’s interest.
• Generate ideas and report breaking news either in studio or on location.
• Responsible for gathering news information and preparing for presentation in the newscast.
• Provide input to the show producer on show content and forma.
• Write stories, headlines and news updates for television, online and digital platforms.
• Expected to report from field, live shots, interviews, and package stories
• Present newscasts to the viewer in a professional manner; including presenting breaking news to viewers both during live newscasts as well as outside regularly scheduled newscasts.
• Write and copy edit assigned scripts in newscasts.
• Make appearances before social and civic groups and at schools and colleges on behalf of the station.
• Involved in Social Media platforms.
• BA or BS in related field.
• Must possess a minimum of 5 years television anchor/reporter experience.
• Must have strong Spanish language skills (verbal & written).
• Candidate must have excellent Spanish writing skills as well as very strong verbal skills.
• Ability to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations.
• Strong live reporting skills are necessary.
• Ability to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
• The ideal candidate must be able to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Ability to participate in community, public events and/or Master of Ceremonies as requested by the station.
• Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must be willing to work extended hours, weekends and holidays with short notice.
• Must be willing to work at McAllen, TX
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution. Program.
• BA or BS in Journalism, Communications or Political Science preferred.
• General Assignment reporting skills preferred.
• Possess the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to present scripts with clarity and energy.
• Proven record of meeting deadlines and developing contacts.
• Proven record of contributing story ideas.
• A history of newsroom leadership.
• A history of working well with news staff
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.