Junior Account Executive
- Full Time
Leaf Group is a diversified consumer internet company that builds enduring, creator-driven brands that reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories, including fitness and wellness (Well+Good and LIVESTRONG), and art and design (Saatchi Art, Society6, and Hunker). Our mission is to build platforms across our media and marketplace properties to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories, while also helping advertisers find innovative ways to engage with their customers.
Leaf Group’s Media division is looking for an Junior Account Executive in our New York City office.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an Junior Account Executive grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Sales Director
A typical day as an Account Executive might include:
- Prospect, negotiate and secure brand partnerships with agencies and clients
- Achieve quarterly sales goals and maximize all revenue and growth opportunities for Leaf Group’s Media Division
- Foster and nurture client relationships and be responsive, visible and relevant to designated account list
- Create advertiser solutions/advertising proposals, partnership programs for clients and agencies
- Participate in regular sales meetings and provide on-going reporting and feedback to sales management
- Participate in strategic planning for new digital and experiential products
What You Have:
- 1-2 years of digital advertising sales
- Proven go-getter with ability to meet and exceed sales quotas
- Demonstrated success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable sales environment
- Extra plus: experience working with health and wellness brands and products; experience selling integrated digital and experiential programs (more than just banners)
- Strong relationships with advertising agencies and national advertising clients
- Diligent and motivated work ethic with a high energy, results-oriented style
- Experience in high-volume cold calling and pitching to senior executives/stakeholders
- Doesn’t take “no” for an answer, leader in developing necessary materials to close new business
- Excellent communicator: outgoing, great writer, and public speaker
- A team player with collaborative spirit
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.