Marketing Intern - The Other Art Fair & Saatchi Art
Presented by Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair is a leading art fair for discovering emerging artists, with editions in cities around the world, including London, Bristol, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Sydney, and Melbourne. Unlike at traditional art fairs where attendees buy from galleries, The Other Art Fair offers attendees unparalleled direct access to artists, alongside experiential programming, appealing to first-time art buyers and seasoned collectors alike.
We are looking for a Marketing Intern to help us organize our next spectacular edition of The Other Art Fair this November from our New York, NY office.
Leaf Group, The Other Art Fair’s holding company, is a diversified internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
You’ll Report To: Fair Marketing Manager
A typical day as a Marketing Intern might include:
- Pre-Fair (Oct 8 to Nov 7, 2018)
- Inviting local businesses and partners to the fair
- Distributing leaflets and invitations
- Database management and building
- Local audience community research
- Onsite at the Fair (Nov 8-11, 2018):
- Gain practical knowledge & experience in Contemporary Art practices and learn how a successful fair is working in New York
- Meet new people with common interests such as artists, curators, professionals, local and international visitors, members of the art community
- Have fun while pursuing an important project that makes art accessible to everyone in an exciting and optimistic environment
- Welcome, inform, and help exhibiting artists and visitors
- Check invitations and tickets as part of the front of house team
- Assist exhibitors during the stand installation
- Work handling (furniture, boxes, documents) and manage project areas
- Assist with talks program in the Saatchi Art lounge
- Distribute fair guides and complimentary tickets
- Proactively invite visitors to participate in visitor surveys
You’ll be successful if you love talking to people about cool new happenings, want to support emerging artists, have an interest in event marketing, and are well organized.
What You Have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication. You’re comfortable picking up the phone and talking to anyone.
- Proactive, problem-solving mindset. You are motivated to complete tasks on time and support the team’s goals.
- Eagerness to wear multiple hats—no job is too small or too large. You want to learn all you can.
- An eye for detail and an appreciation for art. You would be going to the Fair even if you weren’t involved!
- Self-starter mentality—you work well when you’re self-directed, and are quick to ask questions.
- BA or current enrollment in Art History, Marketing, Communications or other Business program.
- Able to intern 5 days a week (Monday-Friday, 9-5pm) from our Bryant Park (New York, NY) office.
- Our environment is informal but we work hard and responsibly. An upbeat, supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Paid Internship ($13 hourly)
- Free entry to the fair
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Friendly office environment and culture
- Employee discounts for Deny Designs, Saatchi Art, Society6, and The Other Art Fair
- Most importantly, hands-on experience within a fast-moving and fun environment
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.