Senior Editor/Executive Editor- Portfolio
Posted: 11/19/2018 | Expires: 12/13/2018
Location: New York, New York
Function: Writing & Editing
Specialty: Editor / Editorial
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Penguin Random House is seeking a Senior Editor or Executive Editor to acquire and edit nonfiction for the Portfolio imprint. The role will handle approximately 10-12 new projects a year for a growing, dynamic list of non-fiction titles in the business and business-adjacent categories, including economics, psychology, personal finance, narrative nonfiction, and self-help.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Soliciting, acquiring, and editing manuscripts for publication.
* Successfully negotiating deals.
* Liaising with authors and agents in all phases of the publishing process, from acquisition to publish date.
* Supervise the production process by acting as the in-house liaison between editorial and the production, design, and managing editorial departments.
* Working with the publicity and marketing teams to package and position books.
* Training, supervising, and mentoring a shared assistant.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.