Senior Editor, Sterling Children's Books
5 days left
- Full Time
The Senior Editor interacts with all members of the children’s department in the acquisition and creation of fiction, non-fiction, novelty, and educational product. He or she also works closely with the sales, managing editorial, production, and marketing teams at every step in the publishing process.
Essential Functions :
• Handles licensed brands, character-driven picture books, and novelty formats (such as cloth books, pop-up books, etc.).
• Responsible for 15-20 titles at any time.
• Liaises with appropriate buyer(s) within the B&N children’s retail group to develop new projects to suit store needs.
• Monitors industry trends in publishing as well as the children’s retail market to create innovative book formats.
• Cultivates and maintains author and agent relationships.
• Negotiates contract terms with agents once a book has been acquired.
• Minimum 8 years experience in Publishing.
• Proven ability to develop and maintain author and agent relationships.
• Proven experience working with book titles from original concept to bound book.
• Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and organization skills are essential.
• Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.