Managing Editor- LIVESTRONG.COM
5 days left
- Full Time
LIVESTRONG.COM is the #1 healthy living site, covering fitness, health, food and lifestyle. We inspire and motivate our readers to make life-changing healthy choices by providing credible and shareable content coupled with helpful apps and an online support community.
We are looking for a Managing Editor who is the immediate supervisor of editorial personnel. This position requires strong leadership and organizational skills as well as being adept at project management and problem solving. The Managing Editor provides support to the VP, Content and Operations, and works to ensure the content team produces health and wellness content that increases reader engagement and fulfills our brand strategies.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Managing Editor grows with us.
You’ll Report To: VP, Content & Operations
A typical day as a Managing Editor might include
- Responsible for daily content published across the LIVESTRONG network, including setting and assigning daily programming and ensuring all content published is on-brand and SEO optimized.
- Manage day-to-day content operations, including writing, editing and packaging content for Livestrong.com.
- Manage execution of the SEO strategy, including SEO content creation, managing deadlines and working with SEO team.
- Manage budget and content production timelines. Ensure all content is produced and published on time and within budget.
- Manage the site’s editorial calendar, planning and executing editorial packages surrounding seasonal events, holidays, and more.
- Track against traffic goals and ensure team is pacing to meet goals.
- Oversee the execution of day-to-day tactical plans for constant traffic/engagement growth across various platforms.
- Oversee data-driven SEO growth into new content areas, as needed.
- Manage editorial team, including regular employee one-on-ones and talent nurturing. Implement goals and strategies for the team’s professional growth.
- Manage freelance talent and budget.
- Manage all editorial tools and processes.
- Handle interdepartmental communications and coordinate with social, video, and branded content.
- Assist with execution of editorial tent poles.
What you Have:
- 7+ years of experience in the digital publishing industry, specifically leading digital content teams.
- Experience being the owner of brand voice and content quality.
- Experience supervising a team of digital editors/content creators (ideally 5+ person team).
- Strong health and wellness knowledge, connections/contacts and passion for the industry.
- Experience collaborating with Sales and Marketing on the creation and marketing of branded content.
- Experience executing an audience development strategy.
- Ability to use Google Analytics, or similar data platforms, and extract actionable insights from data.
- A passion for high-quality digital content.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company Los Angeles award Comparably
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.