SEO Content Editor - LIVESTRONG.COM
5 days left
- Full Time
LIVESTRONG.COM is the definitive source for simple, healthy living. We empower our readers to make life-changing, healthy choices by providing credible and shareable content coupled with helpful apps and an online support community.
We are looking for a SEO Content Editor to help the LIVESTRONG.COM Editorial Team from our Santa Monica office.
The SEO Content Editor will produce and renovate high performing content informed by keyword research and optimized for SEO best practices across multiple channels including: websites, social channels, content partnerships, newsletters and video.
This person should be creative, analytical and able to communicate effectively on multiple platforms. Overall digital know-how is necessary as well as a strong knowledge of content and industry trends, particularly SEO. Proven track record of writing, editing and producing content is a must.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a SEO Content Editor grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Editorial Director
A typical day as a SEO Content Editor might include:
- Coordinate and execute renovation project including managing team of renovation freelancers;
- Assign stories to freelancers and full-time staff; see that they’re executed in a timely manner; and report on performance;
- Own editorial calendar, including planning and executing seasonal search-friendly content plans;
- Research high-impact SEO keywords and identify new growth opportunities to inform daily content strategy;
- Create (write or edit) 3-5 pieces of on-brand content daily, informed by keyword research;
- Advise on keyword optimization and renovation for archive content to ensure all older, evergreen posts service SEO needs;
- Provide weekly reports to the Editorial Director on key metrics including search traffic growth, keyword ranking updates, and high-performing content from search;
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the health and fitness space and pitch current, news-driven ideas at daily pitch meeting;
- Brainstorm and pitch evergreen original story and package ideas on health, fitness and wellness topics; and
- Mentor junior writers and editors, give feedback in a constructive way in order for them to grow.
What You Have:
- 3-5 years editorial experience;
- Strong SEO knowledge (keyword research, best practices, optimization strategies) to inform ideating, assigning and editing processes;
- Meticulous editing skills—the ability to edit for grammar, voice, and flow;
- Superior editorial judgment: You know which stories *need* to be covered (and how to do so in a new, interesting way) and which can be skipped;
- Strong writing skills;
- Strong wellness and health industry contacts;
- Ability to prioritize and manage your time;
- Ability to use Google Analytics, or similar data platforms, and extract actionable insights from data;
- Familiar Google Search Console, Keyword Tools, SEMRush, or similar;
- A passion for high-quality digital content;
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company Los Angeles award Comparably
- Cool office environment and culture (i.e., Free Lunch Fridays, and all of the other fun activities we gather for)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.