Account Executive, Digital Ad Sales
- Full Time
Publication or Company: ShermansTravel Media
Industry: Digital Media/Publishing/Travel
Compensation: Salary and Lucrative Incentive Plan
Job Type: Full-Time Employee
Job Location: Hiring for Both New York, NY and West Coast positions
We are seeking an experienced digital media sales person, who will be responsible for direct advertising sales on all digital platforms for our online properties. This position requires a solid history of selling experience in key travel and/or lifestyle categories and strong relationships in the current media buying market.
The right candidate will be a strategic thinker, highly motivated, and energetic, capable of achieving aggressive revenue goals. The AE will have a proven track-record in strategic client development, a marketing mind to best understand the business needs and solutions of our advertising partners, and a clear demonstration of closing skills.
- Builds strong prospect pipeline in assigned categories
- Achieves assigned quarterly sales goals
- Uses industry contacts and knowledge to achieve a higher-than-average closing rate
- Thinks creatively about assigned categories and RFP submissions
- Sells cross-platform programs that meet prospects’ buying goals
- Communicates with strong verbal and written skills
- Generates new custom ideas to anchor category assignments
- Uses reporting and results as a tool for upselling
- Maintains deep relationships with ST clients, managing both active and quiet times
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of digital advertising sales, preferably with some experience at travel and/or lifestyle publications and/or travel category management
- Proven track record of reaching assigned sales goals
- Proactive, energetic attitude and desire to work in a results-oriented and deadline-driven environment. Desire and ability to closely manage client relationships
- Team player who works well with support teams, colleagues, and other company departments
- Strong knowledge of the digital media industry including the latest news happenings at brands and other sites; experience in selling branded content programs preferred
- Strong understanding of the ST competitive set and our differentiators
- Willing to travel as needed to build relationships and close deals
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills, including strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organization, time-management, follow-through skills, and the strong desire to achieve target results
- Full Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Travel Perks, Transit, 401k)
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, Last Name, First Name." Include your cover letter in the body of the email and attach your resume.
For over sixteen years, ShermansTravel Media has been a leading publisher of curated travel deals and first-hand destination advice. We provide ideas, resources, and inspiration for travel planning at ShermansTravel.com, and we have built a loyal and engaged subscriber-based audience, serving as a trusted source for market expertise, reliable insights, and top travel offers from our partners.
ShermansTravel Media, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.