HBO Manager, Ad Tech
- Full Time
WHAT WE'RE DOING
The Digital Media team at HBO is growing as we prepare to bring our fans new programming across all genres throughout 2019. With a focus on engagement, driving tune-in and marketing technology, we’re doing some new things to create innovative consumer experiences tied to programming and the HBO brand. As marketing becomes more reliant on data to reach consumers with targeted messaging, we are injecting new skills into our organization that will arm us with insights and creative intelligence about those who follow and love the stories we tell.
Our Consumer Marketing team has won numerous awards including Emmys, Cannes Lions, Webbys, Mosaic, PromaxBDA, Clios, and Golden Trailer awards.
Manager, Ad Platforms
Responsible for the preparation, implementation and management of digital marketing campaigns from an audience targeting and tracking perspective. The person in this role will be passionate about ad tech and how to leverage technology to target, reach, and measure niche audiences. Experience working with identity maps to incorporate multi-device, offline conversions and supplementary data sources is ideal.
This is a pivotal role requiring a strong understanding of ad tech, meticulous troubleshooting skills and the ability to work within a fast-paced team environment. The individual in this role will be a technical team subject matter expert on our programmatic advertising platforms.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Lead on technical audience capabilities: identity map, DMP, data collection and activation and how to segment our first party data into activated audiences in platform.
- Lead on Google Analytics setup and management – collaborate with internal teams to identify key journeys and events for data capture and manage media agency to ensure correct implementation.
- Oversee Google Tag Manager and ensuring tag strategy and implementation are accurately collecting the correct media event and conversion data.
- Oversee strategic mobile app attribution and analytics direction, and manage agency to ensure MMP platform is properly implemented with media partners and collecting accurate media data
- Team Subject Matter Expert on DCM and developing/managing DCM reporting strategy to fuel media optimizations and test and learn approach.
- Foster relationships across media partners to understand their data capabilities and to ensure we are leveraging our tech stack to fully take advantage of emerging opportunities.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE
- Keen understanding of digital marketing and operations, with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in operationalizing digital advertising campaigns.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and implementing floodlight configurations to track campaign objectives and build audience lists.
- Experience with DoubleClick Campaign Manager – implementing pixel and floodlight configurations to track key steps and conversions of digital campaigns.
- Experience with Mobile Attribution and Marketing Analytics platforms – Appsflyer experience a plus.
- Ad-trafficking experience a plus.
- Experience with Demand Side Platforms: DBM, Appnexus.
- Working knowledge of digital attribution and which variations to leverage for visibility into the effectiveness of digital campaigns.
- Critical thinking a must, with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and strong self-starter.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working at a digital agency.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN CANDIDATES
Curiosity, business acumen, data storytelling skills, strong work ethic, innovative thinking, passion