- Full Time
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
We are looking for a quick-witted copywriter to concept and create ongoing original social content across various social media platforms and social media campaigns. Your responsibilities will include development of compelling social creative concepts and high quality verbal content, within brand and on strategy. You must exhibit strong writing skills and an ability to collaborate with the creative team to ensure quality, verbal and visual consistency, and timeliness of material. Other responsibilities include copy for advertising campaigns, marketing materials, and programming initiatives.
- Write and produce engaging social content and campaigns across various social networks following a creative brief.
- Concept engaging and compelling content with creative director.
- Produce original, clear and credible copy and is accountable for the final development of creative assets.
- Optimize social media posts (language, tone, message) based on our target audience’s behavior.
- Guarantee accuracy, attention to details and overall meet or exceed the writing objectives.
- Ensure messaging brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions.
- Generate conceptual ideas (visual and copy-based) for company initiatives and collaborate closely with other Copywriters, Creative Directors, and Art Directors to bring those ideas to life.
- 4+ years of related copywriting experience creating short and long-form content for both consumer-facing and B2B audiences, preferably with/for an enter entertainment and/or news organization
- Exceptional thinker with the ability to generate concepts and copy for multiple applications across the media spectrum
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated time management proficiency with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Working knowledge of a broad range of media platforms including, print, digital, TV, and mobile
- Portfolio that clearly demonstrates writing and conceptual abilities
- Strong work ethic, detail-oriented, good sense of humor, and an open mind to feedback
- Bachelor degree in Creative Writing, Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field of study preferred
- Agency or in house creative team experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.