Vice President for Institutional Advancement
- Full Time
Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Job ID: 19753
Location: LaGuardia Community College
LaGuardia Community College, located in Long Island City, Queens, educates more than 50,000 New Yorkers annually through degree, certificate, and continuing education programs. Our guiding principle Dare To Do More reflects our belief in the transformative power of education—not just for individuals, but for our community and our country—creating pathways for achievement and safeguarding the middle class. LaGuardia is a national voice on behalf of community colleges, where half of all US college students study. Part of the City University of New York (CUNY), the College reflects the legacy of our namesake, Fiorello H. LaGuardia, the former NYC mayor beloved for his championing the underserved. Since our doors opened in 1971, our programs regularly become national models for pushing boundaries to give people of all backgrounds access to a high quality, affordable college education. We invite you to join us in imagining what our students, our community, and our country can become. Visit www.LaGuardia.edu to learn more.
The Vice President for Institutional Advancement is responsible for leading all efforts to advance the college with external constituencies. Reporting to the President, the Vice president is the College's senior marketing and fundraising professional. They will lead activities such as strategic communications, linkages with external funding sources (both public and private), and maintenance of all public, corporate, philanthropic, and community relations. Additionally, the Vice President will be responsible for the following:
• Supervise the Office of Marketing & Communications, College and College Relations and the LaGuardia Community College Foundation;
• Serve as the College's chief spokesperson;
• Oversee all divisional budget and administrative services;
• Plan, manage, and evaluate strategies, programs and communications to continuously improve LaGuadia's relationship with key internal and external constituencies, including all forms of media, present and potential donors, present and potential students, regional and national leaders in higher education, national and local opinion leaders, business and corporations, philanthropic foundations, alumni, parents, faculty and staff;
• Develop a dynamic and multi-platform fundraising plan, including major gifts, corporate and foundation support, annual funds, events and planned giving components in conjunction with the President and the LaGuardia Community College Foundation;
• Expand multiple student engagement activities to complement and expand relationships with key internal and external constituencies;
• Expand all alumni and emeriti relationships;
• Provide senior leadership to media relations, internal communications, and community relations functions;
• Establish and implement strategic alliances and partnerships with business, corporate and social agencies that advance the college, with particular attention to economic development activities;
• Develop and oversee the implementation of a strategic communication strategy, including the establishment of an active digital, print and TV press presence, as well as integrated marketing and communication materials;
• Develop overall campus branding strategy and integration of branding strategy across all institutional communications.
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience.
• A Baccalaureate Degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related field and a minimum of eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in marketing and public relations and/or fundraising required.
• Advanced degree preferred with demonstrated skills in strategic advancement and leadership.
• Evidence of creative and strategic thinking. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment are essential.
• The preferred candidate must demonstrate an ability to build and expand a strong and highly functioning network of financial support among external publics such as community opinion and business leaders, corporations and foundations, and community organizations.
• The candidate must have experience in developing strategic marketing and communication plans, working with top officials and volunteer leaders of an organization and managing professional staff.
• Knowledge of higher education is preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information. Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
Open until filled. Review of resumes will begin 1/2/2019 (Revised)
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.