Manager, Content Marketing
- Full Time
ABOUT THE ANA
The ANA (Association of National Advertisers) makes a difference for individuals, brands, and the industry by driving growth, advancing the interests of marketers, and promoting and protecting the well-being of the marketing community. Founded in 1910, the ANA provides leadership that advances marketing excellence and shapes the future of the industry. The ANA’s membership includes nearly 2,000 companies with 25,000 brands that engage almost 150,000 industry professionals and collectively spend or support more than $400 billion in marketing and advertising annually. The membership is comprised of more than 1,100 client-side marketers and more than 800 marketing service provider members, which include leading marketing data science and technology suppliers, ad agencies, law firms, consultants, and vendors. Further enriching the ecosystem is the work of the nonprofit ANA Educational Foundation (AEF), which has the mission of enhancing the understanding of advertising and marketing within the academic and marketing communities.
New York, NY
The Manager, Content Marketing position is on the Brand & Media content team that programs committees, conferences, and webinars. The team annually manages approximately 80-85 committee meetings, 7 national industry conferences, 30 members-only conferences, and 75-80 webinars. ANA events help advance the marketing knowledge of ANA members, provide a forum for sharing best practices, peer-to-peer networking, and benchmarking, plus the ability to learn about new industry developments. Increasingly, they also provide a “voice” for marketers to advocate on behalf of industry issues.
- Co-manage approximately 4-5 committees from ANA’s overall portfolio of 35 committees. Each ANA committee focuses on a specific topic. Members come for learning, networking, and to work on industry issues. Committees typically meet quarterly so there would be about 16-20 committee meetings to manage in a year. Committee meetings are intimate forums for learning and discussion and typically have between 15-40 attendees. ANA committees meet in New York, Chicago, Atlanta and the West Coast. More at http://www.ana.net/committees.
- Manage approximately 3-5 members-only conferences a year from ANA’s overall portfolio of approximately 55 events. Members only conferences are held all over the country and are usually hosted at an ANA member company. Attendance at members-only conferences usually ranges from between 100-200. More at http://www.ana.net/events.
- Support the programming and marketing of 2-3 national industry conferences. Such conferences are usually tied to committees. For example, there is the Multicultural Marketing & Diversity Conference as well as the Multicultural Marketing & Diversity Committee. Therefore, the Manager, Content Marketing position would also be responsible for managing the Multicultural Marketing & Diversity Conference. National industry conferences are open to members and non-members and registration fees apply.
- Assist in development of ANA white papers and industry leadership initiatives – help identify topics, research issues, etc. One of these industry leadership initiatives is the ANA Multicultural Excellence Awards, which celebrate the year’s best multicultural advertising campaigns. This position would have responsibility for driving entries and sharing learning from the winners.
- This role essentially offers a PhD in marketing, providing the opportunity to learn about the multiple facets of advertising, media, and marketing from some of the best and brightest minds in the business. Some domestic travel (10-15%) required. Reports to Director.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Existing knowledge of topical areas, e.g., multicultural marketing, integrated marketing, brand management, data/insights
- Agency, client-side marketing or other relevant experience (minimum 5 years); experience at a multicultural marketing, agency and/or media company would be beneficial
- Passion for the industry
- Strong sense of personal ownership of responsibilities in a results oriented environment
- Ability to multitask and the ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Attention to detail while handling multiple priorities
If your skills, experience, and enthusiasm align with this position's requirements and responsibilities, please forward a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume. Only applicants with salary requirements will be considered.