Senior Video Producer, CNBC + Acorns
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
CNBC is partnering with Acorns, the country’s fastest growing financial wellness system, on the importance of educating current and future investors. We are building an editorial and production team to create actionable, relatable and uplifting personal finance and investing content which will inspire and empower everyday Americans to make informed financial decisions.
The role will report to the Managing Editor.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Execute digital video strategy set by Managing EditorAssign, manage, and supervise video content created by video producersEstablish and enforce best practices for the digital video team, including story selection and abstracts, in ways that first serve the best interests of users, but also optimize the exposure those videos will receive through search engines, partners and social mediaDevelop new video executions such as series and explainers for digital and social platformsCollaborate with print and graphics teams to produce compelling videosPartner with writers, editors and reporters to create visual executions for print storiesSet and enforce tight news deadlines Fact-check all video content prior to publication and keep the quality of work to a high standardFollow market trends and help generate clear, engaging, and uplifting content ideas and analysis that will be useful and attractive to Millennial and Gen Z audienceMonitor competitive digital platforms and video stylesTrack and meet target metric goals (UVs, impressions, shares, retention, etc)Special projects as assigned
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent professional experience
• 5+ years of experience with all aspects of digital video production including shooting, editing, lighting and scripting
• Mastery of DSLR cameras (Canon, Sony, Panasonic), Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and other industry standard equipment and tools
• Advanced ability to tell visual stories in creative ways leveraging video footage, graphics and animation
• Ability to break down and explain complex financial topics clearly and concisely for general audience
• Knowledge of multimedia storytelling and online publishing systems and technologies
• Strong news judgement skills, experience in business journalism and interest or experience in creating video content for personal finance and investing topics
• Knowledge of financial markets and terminology
• Detail-oriented problem solver who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and delivering projects under news deadlines
• Proven ability to generate creative concepts
• Excellent teamwork and leadership skills, strong work ethic and passion
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Outstanding communication and people abilities
• Reliability and efficiency
• Someone with a strong desire to develop creatively
• Ability to think big, outside the box, and to take direction and feedback
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY or Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• A sample of candidate’s work will be required *please provide links when applying*
• An innovator who wants to tell multimedia stories across multiple platforms
• Deep understanding of the nuances of packaging digital videos for the web, mobile web and social
• A willingness to step up and lead changing editorial goals
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.