Executive Producer of Special Projects and Streaming Content
- Full Time
WHIO-TV, the #1 CBS affiliate in the country, located in Dayton, Ohio, is searching for an enterprising and aggressive Executive Producer of Special Projects and OTT Streaming Content. This leader will manage our investigative reporting unit, as well as oversee and create unique content for our streaming app. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it with an edge and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it powerful and memorable. This leader will also play a key role in developing and coaching our on-air reporting talent to be savvy investigative reporters. In addition to creative writing and storytelling, the leader of this team must possess knowledge of the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) process, computer-assisted reporting, and data-driven reporting. Familiarity with legal issues related to investigative and consumer news reporting is also required.
- Use research to identify topics for investigation that will drive television viewing
- Assist reporters in identifying and pitching investigative angles for long-form sweeps stories and daily investigative stories
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources in the community to enterprise story ideas
- Work closely with reporters to provide in-house set up and research.
- Provide reporter coaching and craft development to build a strong investigative team.
- Write and produce news and weather specials
- Work with the digital team to create a plan for “digital extra" content
- Work with our marketing team to promote our long form stories and programs
- Manage monthly franchise, long form story segments such as “Making a Difference”
- Develop a catalog of OTT streaming content based on audience research and metrics
- Create plans and strategies to grow our OTT streaming content audience
- Manage television award entries
- Strong writing and storytelling
- Use all available tools to enhance stories, from graphics to social media
- Should be able to generate story ideas and follow research
- Be curious, inquisitive with an interest in holding government officials accountable
- Aggressive, assertive in asking the tough questions
- Organized, motivated, creative self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field
- 3 years of investigative story producing or on-air reporting experience is required
- On-air reporting experience required
- 1 year of news management experience preferred
- History of award-winning investigative journalism is preferred
- Will have direct reports
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing