Cross Platform Systems Administrator
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Cross Platform Systems Administrator
DEPARTMENT: BFA Computer Art, Computer Animation & Visual Effects
REPORTS TO: Senior Systems Director
The Cross Platform Systems Administrator provides administration, maintenance and support of the availability and performance of desktops and servers in a VFX/CGI teaching environment. This particular role will be expected to provide broader systems support in addition to production software and hardware support to the BFA Computer Art student and teaching community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with other Systems Administrators on the maintenance, installation and continuous operation of all software, hardware and networks on both PC and MAC platforms
- Provide one-on-one support to students, faculty, and staff as needed
- Act as a technical adviser during Senior Thesis production, supporting Senior Thesis Faculty, Senior Systems Director and other sysadmins by meeting and actively monitoring and consulting with a group of seniors on production and technical issues
- Oversee and maintain the current department Wiki and department website, making recommendations on its development
- Stay current on technology trends via online research and attending computer art and digital video related conferences. Work with the Senior Systems Director making recommendations on server and other hardware/software purchases and strategic planning and growth. Interface with vendors and technical support as needed.
- Attend weekly administration/systems staff meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, RedHat/CentOS Linux for desktop and server
- An understanding of servers, networking, high-performance storage and render systems
- Adobe, Autodesk, and Foundry experience
- Experience in a higher education environment
- VFX, animation, film, and/or post-production industry experience
- Deadline Render management and wrangling
- HD, 2K and 4K confirm, edit, grading and finishing workflow
- Working-level experience of color grading and finishing workflows
- Bash, Python and/or Powershell experience
- Master’s degree in related field
School of Visual Arts (SVA) in New York City is an established leader and innovator in the education of artists. From its inception in 1947, the faculty has been comprised of professionals working in the arts and art-related fields. SVA provides an environment that nurtures creativity, inventiveness and experimentation, enabling students to develop a strong sense of identity and a clear direction of purpose.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer.